The National Autism Stategy Discussion Board is being managed by The Social Deck PTY LTD (ACN 600 044 728) on behalf of The Department of Social Services. The Discussion board is operated by The Social Deck using software licensed from Social Pinpoint.
Your personal information is protected by law, including under the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act).
This privacy collection notice is designed to ensure you are aware of certain matters in relation to the The Social Deck’s collection of your personal information, as required by the Privacy Act.
What is the purpose of the collection?
The Social Deck is inviting participants to provide their views on the National Autism Strategy Discussion paper. Participant’s ideas and experiences will assist in developing the National Autism Strategy and identifying actions needed to improve outcomes for Autistic people.
Participants are invited to submit their views on this discussion board by:
posting their ideas and experiences about the topics in the discussion board and / or
responding to or commenting on other peoples ideas and experiences
What is ‘personal information’ and ‘sensitive information’?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
Sensitive information is a subset of personal information. It includes information or an opinion about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of associations or unions, sexual orientation or practices, criminal record, or health, genetic or biometric information.
How we collect your personal information
We will collect information from you directly if you choose to post on the discussion board.
Your participation is voluntary, and you are under no obligation to participate if you do not wish to.
What personal information we collect
Contributing to the discussion board is voluntary. The Social Deck will not actively seek personal and sensitive information. The Social Deck is activiely discouraging participants from disclosing any personal information as part of their participation in the discussion board. You may choose to make your contribution without providing any personal or sensitive information. However, in making your contribution you may choose to disclose:
- email address;
- organisation name;
- identity details, relating to gender, age, if you identify as having a disability, ethnicity, geographic and demographic information, housing status, if you have experienced family, domestic or sexual violence or another form of gender-based violence, work sector;
- personal views about the Strategy including from those with a lived experience and
- other personal information (including sensitive information) that may be provided by you in your response.
Why we collect your personal information
We will use the information you provide in your posts and comments to inform the development of the Strategy.All views will be considered. We will develop a report to government that provides them with key themes and aggregated analysis of topics, ideas and issues raised by participants.
Who we disclose your personal information to
We may disclose personal information you choose to provide to the following people, organisations or third parties:
- Social Pinpoint, the provider of the discussion board software.
- The Department of Social Services
- entities contracted to provide services to assist The Social Deck or the Department of Social Services with the development of the Strategy, where required (which may include entities contracted to the Department to provide information technology, accessibility, analysis and editing services);
- individuals within agencies, organisations and bodies that will be working with the Department of Social Services on the development of the Strategy, including Ministers and their staff, state and territory governments, and advisory groups to the Australian Government;
- individuals within agencies, organisations and bodies who are working on autism policy; and related matters
- other parties where the disclosure is authorised by law.
All entities that may receive the information are subject to strict confidentiality, privacy and security obligations.
Storage of your personal information
The Social Deck will securely store any personal information provided for up to six months following completion of our contract with the Department of Social Services. After which it will be permanently deleted.
Storage of personal information (and the disposal of information when no longer required) by The Department of Social Services and other government departments is managed in accordance with the Australian Government records management regime, including the Archives Act 1983, agency-specific records authorities and general records authorities. This ensures your personal information is held securely by the Department.
If you have any concerns or questions, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confirmation and consent
By providing your personal information (including sensitive information) through the National Autism Strategy Discussion Board, you consent to The Social Deck collecting your personal information and handling your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Collection Notice.